Location:Guantanamo Bay, Cub
Job Title: Help Desk specialist (TIER I & II)
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users. Ensures a timely process though which problems are controlled including problem recognition, research, isolation, resolutions and follow-up steps. Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, Email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors all problems to ensure a timely resolution. Provides Tier I support to end users for either PC, server, mainframe applications and/or hardware. Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Escalates more complex problems to Tier II support.
- Perform MAC (Moves, Add and Changes) duties; Microsoft technology stacks (Office, Active Directory); End user hardware: notebooks, desktops, peripherals, monitors, mobile devices; Video and audio conferencing, VOIP phone systems, wired and wireless networks; High volume networked multi-function printers support; Knowledge of Windows 7, 8.1 with Mac OS X Knowledge extra; Good troubleshooting skills; Experience in assembling/disassembling computer hardware and computers; Understanding of TCP/IP networking; Experience with software installations with desktop applications such as MS Office and Adobe products.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance (DoD). Contact us for more information
- TIER II requires DoD 8570 IAT Level II (CompTIA Security+ CE)
- CompTIA A+ CE or
- CompTIA Network+ CE or
- ISC2Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security)
- Must meet DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification requirements within 30 days of hiring date by completing one of the following certifications above
- 1 year of IT Help Desk or military equivalent experience.
Technical Skills/Experience Desired: